Eco Baby shows new parents how to make the most ethical decisions about the products they buy and the way they live as new parents, as well as showing them an easy route to greening their babyís life. The author looks at every aspect of a new babyís life in the first year, including:
- Baby gear from cot to car seat
- Nappies - One of the biggest topics of debate recently: what are the pros and cons of disposable, versus washable nappies?
- Decorating the nursery - Besides raising concerns about the planet, paints, varnishes and furnishing materials may have an impact on your childís health, too.
- Clothing - Do you want to find clothing from organic sources that are nonallergenic and free from chemicals?
- Food - The benefits and advantages of breast feeding, a guide to formula milks, dairy intolerances and natural alternatives
- Toiletries - Some of our most famous toiletry brands, even those aimed at babies, contain artificial ingredients, fragrances and colours that raise health concerns.
- Toys and educational items - You can make your childís toy box more ethical by choosing wisely from sustainably managed materials and fairly traded products.
Packed with helpful tips, and with a comprehensive index of companies, products and services, Eco Baby is an essential guide for all parents concerned about the health of their baby and the world their children will inherit.